Skip to main content

Reply to "Flat ground or mound pitching"

That article was interesting, what is also interesting is that most of these guys most likely came hurt, whatever the reason being very important to do the right things when the player is young.

However, this is the life of a pitcher, regardless of how careful you are, it is a violent act, and sometimes it hits some sooner and some later. Very rarely does any pitcher escape from any issue. I agree the biochemical and DNA connective tissue has a lot to do with injuries.

For the most part, I do beleive we did everything right, son has great mechanics (always did), watched pitch counts, rest, etc., yet he is experiencing issues he never had as a young pitcher or even in college.

CADad, from my understanding, the procedure is to avoid total ulner nerve replacement when it doesn't need to be replaced, but rehab has failed and recovery time and rehab time is less than TJS.
There are specific criteria to be met before they decide on this procedure. The ligament becomes like a rubber band that is stretched out, but not torn, yet gives the pitcher discomfort.