Skip to main content

Reply to "Flat ground throwing"

TPM posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew:
Bobblehead, I would be very curious, as a pitcher gets clocked on flat ground until the season, as to what your findings are for the difference between on flat ground and on a mound. I understand that it varies from pitcher to pitcher, but I would be interested in what your findings are.

I was curious about this post, asked son, he has NEVER been clocked on flat ground. He asked, why? What is the purpose?

Found this in the archives from 2007. 

Long story short, son is doing year abroad in one of those "soccer countries."   Baseball facilities are nil, and he is relegated to throwing flat ground bullpens against fences.  I bought him a Pocket Radar and a tripod to take with.  He was curious about how his flat ground velo will translate to the mound.  Flat grounds are all he has to work with so that is why he has clocked himself off flat ground not mounds.  Not many mounds in Europe I guess?  I typed it in the search bar above and found this informative thread. 

Now some 9 years later wondering if anyone else can add hardcore data to the thread.  My son would appreciate it.

Last edited by #1 Assistant Coach