Skip to main content

Reply to "FlatGround by PitchingNinja"

"One question I have is, will there be overload - i.e., so many posts that good players still fall through the cracks so to say, given the sheer volume of pitchers posting?"

Yes, that definitely could happen.  Though, coaches do have the ability to scroll through videos in a lot less time than sitting through a several day showcase or tourney & watching pitchers. 

For example, a former college pitching coach posted this: 

https://twitter.com/Coachranso.../1088054833083572224

We will be creating the ability to search back through videos via a portal (with specific search criteria), which will alleviate some of that too.

So, hopefully we can mitigate some of the volume concerns.  [Also, some coaching staffs and MLB organizations are tasking individuals with keeping up with the feed which should help.]

Additionally, I personally look at all videos, so if I see one that seems to be falling through the cracks (as in, this pitcher should have gotten interest), I'll bump it.   In fact, that happened to the son of a poster here, who DMd me...and after it was bumped the video got a ton of interest.  Sometimes it's just in the wording of a tweet.

Good point though and something we're keeping an eye on.    Nothing is ever going to be perfect, but just know that I'm trying.