Skip to main content

Reply to "FlatGround by PitchingNinja"

Suds posted:

They do get some great advice as well. My son also posted some changes he is making and has heard from former major leaguers, minor league coaches, college coaches and guys that own big velo/performance places. Yes some of the people that responded had some “odd” advice, but it really was more the exception than the rule. Also, most of them replied to him via direct message and then via text. 

I am assuming you and your son know more then the average parent based on his experience and level of play. However, most HS players/parents I talk with don’t have a clue so any advice, good or bad, is considered helpful. As for the level of experience that these individuals have who are making recommendations, I would still be skeptical. I just watched a YouTube vid the other day where Mariano Rivera was helping some young pitchers. It was horrible. He talked about pointing the elbow of the glove hand at the target during motion. WT$!? Nobody does that, including Rivera!

Just trying to help parents/players understand that it is important they do their homework with any recommendation received via social media. Does not mean there are not some gems of info out there.