Skip to main content

Reply to "FlatGround by PitchingNinja"

Chico Escuela posted:

Anything that helps players get noticed is welcome. But stories of a handful of guys throwing 99 aside...  Do college coaches really have time to wade through posts by pitchers from elementary school age through their 20s, with no way to direct a search by HS year, by region, or any other criterion?  Just doesn’t seem like an efficient way to find pitchers.  

And CoachLD, your point is an important one. There are so many opinions about pitching out there (even limiting the pool to highly knowledgeable folks) that I wouldn’t want my kid taking advice from unknown posters on Twitter. 

I think it is more of a - lets scroll and see if anything catches our eye - type deal. It doesn't hurt to post and it doesn't hurt to scroll thru. There is a lot and it is tough to sift through, but all it takes is somebody to send a link or tag a coach in the comments and they can take a look.  It's not efficient, but it can only do good.

I think it can be very useful for lower level programs, who might not have had access to some of these mid 80s guys clearly looking for any interest. D1s are always going to do their thing and juniors throwing 91 don't need it, but for the in between guy throwing 84, there could be a school watching that they would've never thought to email.

Short answer, its a long shot, but some coach can see you from the line at the DMV if they want to, so it doesn't hurt.