Skip to main content

Reply to "."

@PABaseball posted:

Coaching staffs don't sit down and say time to recruit and jump on twitter contrary to the belief of many.

Basically if a coach is on the John or waiting for his food to be ready he'll jump on twitter and poke around. If something catches his eye, they'll dig in and add them to a watch list. Then they'll go see the kid or make some calls and see if it's worth their time and decide for themselves after that.

That being said - there is some very bad college baseball out there. Programs where the sport is used to lure students into the school. There are some programs where a halfway decent swing gets your foot in the door.

That being said it's still a great idea and it's harmless. They say bad swings or younger guys can get feedback from more established people, which I understand but it does dilute the product from a recruiting aspect.

I can't say anything about Flatground hitting, but you are absolutely wrong about pitchers on Twitter.  Coaches not only actively recruit on Twitter, they actually reach out to PitchingNinja and speak to him about videos.

You don't have to believe me, but my son's experience has been one where it has not only worked for college (twice), but also to get his shot in the minors...all 100% from Twitter