Skip to main content

Reply to "FM Marcus vs FMHS"

quote:
Originally posted by KellerDad:
And Ken, what do you mean by more demanding? Throwing coolers in the dugout? Yelling at pitchers in front of the whole crowd? (when the pitcher was winning and doing a good job) Throwing a temper tantrum like a 3 year old?

I've only seen Marcus play 2 times this year, and I personally saw all of the above. Both times Marcus won the game. Both times the coach made an arse out of himself in my opinion.

Just glad that he's in the LISD and not the KISD.

And, who said the Indians were underachieving? Heck, our number one pitcher is still fighting his way back from an injury. And it's not like the boys are playing in an easy district.

Well, Keller Dad, I will agree with you that sometimes the actions I have seen are a little "over the top" to say the least. But, what words are actually spoken as compared to body language is something that I can not be sure about. For all I know, positive things may be said with bad body language, doubt it, but I won't speculate until I know the facts.

My point is this, I personally would love for my potential son to play for a "Bob Knight" versus the common alternative in amatuer baseball. I can appreciate someone who demands respect for the game. I can appreciate the process of teaching to play the game with a purpose.

I do not know many high school coaches personally. I can only judge teams and players by the way they go about their business. I can tell you this, I am very impressed with how FM Marcus players go about their business. They play with a purpose and discipline.

And last but not least, in my humble opinion, I do not agree with your statement concerning your tough district. I have seen between 35-40 spring games this year and personally think the Keller, Denton Ryan, Southlake, ect. district is one of the weaker ones I have witnessed. But this is only my opinion.

I personally hope that FM Marcus has much success. I believe that players that play hard with desire deserve success. From what I see, they are doing that, and thats from whoever is coaching them.......body language and all.