Skip to main content

Reply to "Football/Baseball decisions"

Originally Posted by Nybaseballdad:
Jumping in on this thread as I too have found myself with a dual sport 2018. It's been baseball all the way since tee ball. This year he decided to change it up and joined the JV football team. Probably because puberty kicked in and he had the size and testosterone going for him. Well, the kid blew up!  Played receiver and just dominated the competition. Every game had 1-2 highlight reel catches usually for touchdowns and all caught on video with HUDL, mentioned earlier in this post. The boy just fell in love with the sport and all of a sudden has thoughts of college football in his mind. Baseball still very much in the picture but wants to keep all options open. My question after reading earlier posts saying to start sending HUDL videos to recruiters is, do they want to see a JV video?  There are some pretty nice plays on there but will that just get dismissed. Do you explain that he just picked up the sport? Or do I just wait it out until next year?
Played varsity baseball as a freshmen so hoping for a big sophomore campaign there. That dream is still alive as well.
By the way, if it helps. Son is 6' 160 sophomore.
Thanks for any thoughts.

I wouldn't sent the film because until you can prove what you can do against varsity players.  Football is similar in baseball in that they have combines where they get the measurable numbers on kids.  Find combines and college camps then he can be seen by those who might start getting interested.