Skip to main content

Reply to "For the Parents"

Folks, my 2011 son currently plays for TR's College Select team. I believe that if you don't read what Tom is saying then you will miss the point. For the record, I agree with what he is saying.

My son has received interest from some interesting schools prior to his College Select team, but who knows if anything will come of any of them. I say that knowing about the schools that have interest.

I can't imagine what this would be like if we had to think about a plethera of schools that just asked about my son.

I trust that Tom knows what he's doing and I know he has the boys best interest at heart, all of them. When the time comes and he feels that any of us need to know about a specific contact, I'm sure we will let us know.

He has asked all of the boys for thier list of schools and has a sense of what they're looking for. I'm certain that that sense will deepen over the short summer season, but I can see it developing after only a couple of weeks.

I have no idea if my son was asked about, but I do know there were quite a few colleges present throughout last weekends tournament and if he plays to his potential, then good things will likely happen for him.

The way I look at is this:
If a college coach talks with TR about my son, it is a good thing and has potential, but has very little meaning in the scheme of things. I don't need to know everything that goes on behind the scenes.
If a college coach talks with my son, after Thursday of course Smile then thats what we're looking for out of TR's program and the process is in our hands. I can tell you, the coaches are showing up and taking notes.

If you don't trust your sons summer teams coaches, then you need to find a program where you can.

Mike