Skip to main content

Reply to "For the Parents"

As a sometimes very stressed out parent of a 2011 grad, I have to say I greatly appreciate TR approach and post. If he communicates this to the parents and players on his team, I think it would reduce the stress of this very stessful time.

I know that son's coach (both HS and Summer) is working very hard behind the scenes to promote my son and get him into a school that matches his abilities and interest. We, son and I, sometimes wonder who is asking and interested and who is not. However, knowing this can also stress both of us out too!

All we hear is hurry up, hurry up and have to done this and have you done that! Knowing that there is interest and that you feel/know (as a coach) there will be a spot or offer from a school in time, makes this process so much less crazy for us. When the time comes to discuss particulars, that is when we will get all the details. Until the, junior just needs to play ball.

I think too many get caught up in the hype and pressure to commit early/now madness.