Skip to main content

Reply to "Four-Year Guarantees Approved by NCAA"

There are other schools that already say they have a policy of requiring their coaches to live with their recruiting decisions. One coach told us that was their policy; however, he was also careful to qualify that statement by saying he was not allowed to promise a four-year scholarship.

One test will be whether schools make the leap from an unenforceable policy to a written guarantee. Another test will be what that guarantee says about the circumstances that would permit the school to get out of the deal. The final tests will be how it affects recruiting and team success.

There may very well be some teams that recruit from such a position of strength (perhaps including warningtrack's well disguised NorCal school Wink) that they already have very low attrition and are willing to formalize what's already happening.

I've already explained why I doubt it will change the landscape in another thread.

I hope this thread eventually fulfills Midlo's purpose and becomes a place where people explain how the new rule actually gets implemented across the country.