Skip to main content

Reply to "Four-Year Guarantees Approved by NCAA"

The text of the approved proposal can be found here: https://web1.ncaa.org/LSDBi

Click on the "Search" tab, then on "Division I Proposals". Then, in the window for "Proposal Number", type in 2011-97 and hit your ENTER key.

I offer this because, good luck finding it by navigating the NCAA site. I telephoned today and was put on hold a few times before actually finding someone who could direct me to it. In fact, the initial response I got was that such information was for member institutions only and not for the general public. (I wore them down for you!)

What the NCAA rep told me is, the proposal was approved and is now in a 60-day period when colleges can object if they wish. There is some threshold number of objections which would force the matter to have to be voted on at the next NCAA convention. However, if the number of objections falls short of the threshold number, then the proposal would take effect as of December 26, and would immediately become effective.

Which raises one question: If you have a son who signed his NLI in November, should he ask to have the paperwork redone in April?

BTW, I am told that a revised NLI form document is not yet available.
Last edited by Midlo Dad