Skip to main content

Reply to "Freshman Dad Needs Advice"

Ken Guthrie,

Since we don't share your exact opinion then our children cannot communicate? Thank you for that. lol I didn't realize that the advice I contributed so threatened you that there is no room for you to even consider that some coaches, or people for that matter, are difficult. I stand by my advice. Be careful and judge the situation. It is prudent advice. Sorry if you disagree.

Your failure to realize that sometimes there are unreasonable and mean spirited people shows your lack of experience as a parent and communicator. The reality is sometimes no matter how nice and articulate that you are some people are unreasonable. You are going to run into that in business, school and life. You can ignore that it is a fact of life if you want to.

I sense that it is more important for you to be right at all costs than it is for you to admit that some coaches can be unreasonable. So I will end it here and let you tell me how I cannot communicate and that you are right. We will let the people reading decide what good information is. That is the purpose of writing here. Isn't it?

P.S. I communicate fairly well. So does my son who plays for a D1, has straight A's, and scored a 1450 on his SAT. Maybe it was the coach.
Last edited by bbrulz