Skip to main content

Reply to "Freshman Future Is Now"

2020dad posted:
SanDiegoRealist posted:
DesertDuck posted:

Maybe we shouldn't go back to the regularly scheduled programing?

Anyone else got any good kid pitching, parent stressing stories?

lol

BTW....go kick rocks barefooted was pretty funny!

Wow! This is just getting good, no need to change the channel. In my opinion, I think RJM was just trying to tell H4D that we all know our kids need to be internally motivated, etc, and his motivational speech was playing to an audience of pretty experience baseball people. I don't think he was trying to brag on his credentials, just trying to share that many of the posters on this board like RJM, who has more post than I can even calculate, have walked many miles in his shoes already. People come to these boards to learn from those who have walked this path already and to share what they have learned with people just starting their journeys. In my short time on this forum I have learned a great deal, and definitely read and absorb 100 times more than I try to share.

No dog in this fight and don't want one!  Just throwing it out there that not all of us come here to learn something. As I have said before, just a hobby for me. Just fun to talk baseball. Now if one of our resident experts (not sarcasm, the real ones like Kyle or PG etc) start talking about significant issues I certainly tune in. But not really the purpose I am here. You guys do have to realize some of us are just here to have a good time. 

A guy with a screen name "2020dad" on a baseball forum but for no reason but entertainment value? Now I've heard everything.