Skip to main content

Reply to "Freshman Tryouts"

Dont be nervous. Go in there confident and show that you want to be a team player and that you deserve to have a sport on the team. Make sure all your equipment is ready and be willing to help out WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO. Say your team is using a batting cage and after a hitter is done, instead of sitting there looking pretty, help put the baseballs in the bucket. Little things like that are great. Don't act like you are the best thing in the word becasue you are only a freshman. Treat your teammates with respect and have fun with them, but don't exceed the boundaries. I mean when it's time to play, focus up. Help other players out with small things that you see, but remember that you are NOT the coach. The coaches will have the final say, but make it too tough for them to turn you away. Best of luck to anyone that trys out for anything, regarless of age. And if you dont make the team, work your butt of so you can exceed to a higher level. I am a sophomore in HS that was cut with the last cut and it stung but I soon realized that I needed to get things in gear or I would never make a team. Last of all, have fun and remember why you are playing baseball.