Skip to main content

Reply to "Front Leg/Foot"

quote:
Originally posted by NYdad2017:
During his swing he will sometimes turn his front leg open. The video below shows it clearly. Any assistance in how he can correct this would be appreciated. I'm really looking for some specific reps that he could repeat to try to eliminate it. Best to get cracking on this while it's still early in the winter. As always, thanks in advance.

Hitting Video

This link below is a great video that I like on the concept of a firm front side and a drill to ensure the front side is staying firm, front foot is not opening too much, and you are moving around and transfering all the energy of the swing into the firm front side to generate the most power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...ilpage&v=1d1vDd391oo

I agree with others that during your son's negative move and transition to toe down and 50/50 weight balance on both legs before initiating the swing, that he is not getting separation of his hands walking away from his front foot.

Not easy to correct, although his type of set-up is similar to Pujols and Manny Ramirez in that they do stride as SultanofSwat states, however, it is a very tiny timing stride and for the most part, their hands (and bat angle with knob of bat at catcher) are already in the coiled position (when they set-up and before they stride) compared to what you would see in a more traditional negative move when walking the hands away from the front foot by the time 50/50 weight balance is reached on both legs at front foot touch.

Maybe getting the hands further back into the correct position at set-up would be a subtle adjustment to help with coil.
Last edited by 4baseknock