Skip to main content

Reply to "Frustration Building"

While there is still time, I do not think that the OP actually understood the process. Now he does. Also, there is very little info given about the player, height weight, GPA and ACT or SAT.  

A call from a coach does not mean he will offer, it means a communication, if a major

D1 is interested they would be around to watch him play. Unless he was not visible this summer, where did he play?

What you did,it sounds to me, was to sit back and wait after you received those calls

Your son most likely is a C,  D1 recruit, meaning he gets the call after A or B says no. Its his bat that will sell him, not the position. Coaches will always find room for a good bat. How good is it?  Its very hard to form an opinion by what is stated by the parent.

What he needs to do is find a program that considers him the A recruit, in other words their guy.

Sorry, but I dont put much into a 2 by Baseball Factory, he needs a rating from PG. My son took his team to one of their tourneys, not for exposure but to play and get experience (2016 and 2017) and a good thing that they weren't expecting lots of college coaches, because there really wasn't.

For all the biching and moaning here about PG tourneys and showcases, it can make a difference. IMO, you guys in Texas need to get out and be seen, there isn't enough spots for every player who wants to play D1 baseball (just like there isn't here in FL).

JMO