Skip to main content

Reply to "Frustration in Finding the Strike Zone"

Thanks folks for all the good advice. The only reason I mentioned First Base was because that's my son's first love ( and at over 6 feet , that boy Can Stretch). I ,myself, loved the outfield, and since my boy is fast and has a strong arm , i can see him playing Right or Center field. We have gotten on with a new coach, who seems to be very good. I'll pass along the "be patient" advice to my son, but that's not his typical approach ( probably gets that from his DAD). We just put up a 70 foot Batting Cage ( something to do during the quarantine) so we can continue to progress his hitting. I guess we'll continue to work on the pitching also. He did have some very bad arm mechanics( dropping his elbow), but we finally got over that and his accuracy has improved. He never states that his arm or shoulder hurts(and I ask him after every practice). We will keep the pitching reps under control until he slows down his growth, and ice him down after practice. He never pitches more than 2 and 1/2 innings in a game. Maybe in the mean time , I can get him to enjoy playing outfield! 

Thanks again for all the help!