Skip to main content

Reply to "Frustration setting in"

I agree with this.  However, D3 schools recruit the summer after junior year.  So do low D1s.  So, if that's where he's headed, no need to worry about recruiting right now, other than doing the best he can do against the best possible competition, and learning everything he can.  That was my point about velo, and about my son's team's experience.  All those kids ended up committing to D2 and D3 schools, in fall of senior year.

I agree, but have also noticed that with D3 and low D1, pitchers and catchers start getting attention earlier than position players, so not a bad idea to get on their radar by this fall if he is ready.  Pick a couple of camps at schools he likes and that are an academic fit and see what happens.  Or, if he has some video, send a few emails to those schools and include a link to the video.  D1s can respond to email and look at video during the dead period and, quite frankly, I don't think they have much else to do right now.  If your son has recruitable measurables, it cannot hurt to start reaching out or, if it is in your budget, to attend a showcase this fall.