Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of getting a scholarship?"

I wanted to give everyone an update on how my son is doing in the ABD Spring League so far.

So far he has played in 22 games which consist of a 9 inning and a 7 inning game on Saturday s and the same routine on Sundays.

He usually catches the 9 inning games and DH’s the 7 inning games. They practice on Tuesdays and Thursday s where they do drills to improve their positions and to learn other positions as well. His coach is a great coach he actually instructs the players when they make a mistake instead of yelling and benching them.

He has had 83 plate appearances, 60 At bats, has 25 hits, 10 doubles, 2 triples, 0 homeruns, 19 walks and only 6 strikeouts. All this with a wood bat which I feel is harder to hit with then using metal. Wood is less forgiving. His average is .417 at this time of this post. Of the 10 doubles and 2 triples if he was using metal they would be homeruns for sure most have been off the fence.

He has faced pitchers throwing low to mid 90’s to pitchers who throw maybe mid 80’s and has done fairly well against them.

Some of you might be asking about the competition in this league. Right now I would put the top four teams in this league against any High School Varsity team and they would give them a game. Are there some weak players sure but there are some really good players playing in this league as well.

All of his pitchers love him behind the plate because he keeps the ball in front of him and calls a good game. He has been throwing out base runners at about an 80% clip.

He has some interest from a local JC which he is excited about and so are we.
Best thing is he has his smile back and love of the game back.

I will let you guys know how it ends up.

951DAD