Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of getting a scholarship?"

I thought long and hard about posting the status of his old high school team and I did not want it to come across as bitterness but I guess I did not do a very good job of wording it.

I just wanted to show the posters who were saying that something had to be wrong with my son, that he must have attitude or he did not get to start so he quit. That was far from the truth.

If it came across as bitterness then I am sorry, I just wanted to express that sometimes it is a coach who is the problem not the player.

My son went to every home game to support his friends and I went to a couple of games too. you should of heard the crowd complain about the coach,they were complaining about batting orders,plays, sending runners home on easy put outs, leaving pitchers in when they were out of gas and getting hit hard.

Some of the players would call my son quitter when they would see him at school but his real friends were there to pick him up when he needed them, that is what I meant by finding out who his real friends were!

Did we join in on the bashing? No we just sat there and listened and tried to support our friends who were on the team. Trust me my son has put this behind him and knows this has made him a better person.

He learned that if you work hard and forget what friends and people say about you and your decisions and that you follow your dreams positive things will come.

The piece about the starting catchers mom being friends with the coach and being a teacher I know it sounds like bitterness but I would of not of mentioned it if it was not told to me by the mom herself because see did not know who I was, she was bragging about it to me during one game I was at. Boy was that hard to sit through.

Believe it or not we were saddened to see the team finish as they did, we have friends that were left on the team it would have been nice to see them succeed and reach playoffs.

Hopefully this clears things up about being bitter or negative.