Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of University of Maryland Baseball"

If a prospect's main concern in signing with a school with the best locker room and the greenest field etc than Maryland is not for them.

Having talked with Coach Bakich on a few occasions my best guess is these aren't the type of players he is building his program with. He seems to me to be more a blue collar guy who wants guys who will go to war with him and he understand games aren't won in a pretty locker room.

Yeah better facilities are a "nice to have" but not a "must have" to become a winner.

I bet there are tons of former college players (all sports/all genders) who talk about their former coaches and how they had a positivie/permanent impact on their lives after their playing days are over. I bet they far outnumber those who talk about the locker room they dressed in or the field they played on when they were in college?

Our son made "his choice" to play at Maryland and for Coach Bakich and his staff and not once did I hear him discuss the current state of the facilities. After he made his decision I asked him what made him choose Maryland and he said I want to play for these coaches - I want to be part of the turnaround -it just feels right.

Let's give these guys a chance, its going to take some time but if anybody can turn this ship around I think this staff can.
Last edited by nhmonty