Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of University of Maryland Baseball"

I agree with the need for new/upgraded facilities. And, yes, I've been to other top ACC facilities, so I think I've got a pretty good handle on the requirements to be considered among the elite in the conference. Coach May....you are right. They will need much better facilities to get the recruits who have their pick of ACC/SEC schools. I understand that.

All I have been saying is that this new coaching staff has yet to coach a game ... and, already the program seems much improved. Let them play hard, win some games that they are not supposed to, and turn a few heads - in season # 1.

Coach Bakich and staff have done a great PR job to this point. They have also gotten money for their program, as said above. They now need to go put a good product out on the field, which I believe will happen.

Facility upgrades will come, no doubt. For now however, I am more interested in seeing the 'on the field' product. If the product is good (and this doesn't mean winning the ACC)...the rest will follow.

But, for now, to focus so much on facilities to me is not a good use of time or energy. I would rather see the program get better, with facility improvements coming along as well as the program improves. I think there's a lot of room to improve the program overall, while the facility upgrade is being worked on.