Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of University of Maryland Baseball"

JSP -
I agree with you that the new coaching staff in College Park is on the right track. 'Perfectly'...I'm not sure about, but do agree with you that they are directionally on the path to improving to program overall. Next step will be to take it onto the field and put a better team out there.

As for organizations that you feel it's required to spend money with to be ranked, you might be right on many. But, spending money (or not spending money) with Perfect Game doesn't appear to have much impact on their rankings of players. There are probably dozens on cases where a lot of money was spent and a player's ranking (or rating) did not improve.

And, certainly not attending PG events or showcases does not mean that you won't be ranked by PG. Attendance at their events does allow a player to be seen and better evaluated....which may improve a players' ranking or rating.

I think, overall, PG is in the business of evaluating the baseball players and their talents, whether they have attended a PG showcase/tournament or not. If you are talented enough, these folks will rank you, whether you have paid them $$$ or not. In my opinion, they do a pretty darn good job.
Last edited by baseballguy