Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of University of Maryland Baseball"

quote:

Originally posted by JSParak:

All,

I have no agenda.

Unfortunately JS, what YOU fail to understand and realize is that those of us who have been on here quite some time can pinpoint someone who has an agenda very easiy and rather quickly. With that end, you DO have an agenda and after reading your posts here on this thread and many of your other posts it's quite obvious that:

1 - You or someone you know either doesn't like PG or competes against them, thus the attacks...or

2 - Your son somewhere or sometime has not received a PG rating to your liking and by golly, someone is going to pay!

What you ALL fail to understand (from my perspective) is that EVERY year a couple of million kids enter HS and that means a couple of million parents enter the realm of how to get their kids recruited and where best to spend their money for maximum exposure. We all think our kids are good. Some think their kids are great. If I have these questions, others have these questions.

DUH! What is there to not understand about this? This doesn't take rocket science to know this year in and year out.

I've spent late last evening and most of the day today reading all I could about PG. I called a couple of old friends who went through this in the past with their kids. One of the guys said it wasn't that important to be a part of the PG showcase process as his son was recruited anyway. One said to get involved as early as possible because it will maximize exposure. He also told me to do a showcase every year because it would show progress. A couple of guys said they didn't really know if it helped as they were still involved win the process. I was told that there are certain advantages to the PG system like getting a rating that would help when you contact coaches. They could look up their names and get an independent opinion to decide whether a kid is a potential prospect. No one told me that the system is worthless and none said they wish they didn't do it.

HELLO MCFLY?! If no one that you know had anything negative or derogatory to say about PG, do you need us to spell it out for you?

Getting back to follow up on my first paragraph, the marketing of the program needs work.

So you're a marketing guru, huh? If you don't like how they are selling it, don't buy it. It's apparent that thousands of other players/parents buy each year, over and over.

PG goes the extra mile to give you all the stats that imply they are the reason for success

Follow the bouncing ball here with me...yes....the reason for success in helping players get noticed and hopefully to the next level. NOT success in the development of talent of these players....

and point out on another page that they give all credit to the work of the player, coaches, leagues etc.

It's good to see that you CAN connect the dots afterall....

Maybe PG should have a question and answer page that asks these same questions that I have and then answer them to set the record straight. I am still not sold on the PG system but it appears as though I am wrong in my initial beliefs on how the system works.

Earth to Major Tom...by golly I think he is actually saying he just MIGHT be wrong...or is it still a bit fuzzy...??

1, and only 1, parent offered me up that their kid did get ranked having not participated prior to being involved in an event. The question I have for nhmonty is; When did their son get noticed. Was it his freshmen year, sophomore year, junior year etc. and do they think that it would have made a difference in the recruiting process had they got involved with PG sooner.

The following link is the "About PG" link on the PG website. I think they do a decent job here explaining the how to's but they still imply too many things to put me at ease.

PG, it hurts my feelings that you guys didn't design and market your organization and website to the liking of this guy. I AM glad that you did a "decent" job as he eloquently puts it....LOL. Maybe you should consult your "at ease" dept from now on!