Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of University of Maryland Baseball"

Here's why they haven't won many ACC games.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/sc...cumulative-stats.pdf

The coaches can't hit it,pitch it or catch it for the players. I think its safe to say they are having a collectively poor statistical year to date. Other than the BC series (they should have won at least two games -that was disappointing) they have played the #1,#5 and #32 in RPI standings.

I know you are a Virginia guy and you have a beef with the head coach but other than Friday night I didn't think Virginia pounded the snot out of this really bad team as you insinuate they are!

To me some of the stuff is over the top but who cares about my opinion. I believe the coaching staff is trying to build a blue collar, hard nose attitude. As time goes by I am sure the staff will adjust to what makes sense and what doesn't make sense regarding on field demeanor.

This is a young staff with young players. They are working together to find their way. They will make mistakes but who doesn't.

I read your post about your experience with the head coach. As I see it he just lost a recruiting battle and was emotional. If he said something wrong ok, but haven't you ever made a mistake? When you did, do you want the people affected by your mistake to pound on you for years?

Let it go and go back and read your post about what a great experience your son is having at Virginia including how they have taken care of him during his injury. Forget posting about Bakich and use your post to sing the phases of Virginia.

Jezz, your son is not only playing in a great baseball program he is getting a world class education - focus on the positive and let us Maryland parents focus on the team by supporting the players and coaches.

Enough!
Last edited by nhmonty