Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of University of Maryland Baseball"

quote:
Originally posted by nhmonty:
Trepfan the least you can do is be honest with your information regarding Maryland. The pitcher got hammered?

Virginia 8th - Taylor, C. grounded out to 3b (0-0). Barr, J. grounded out to 3b (2-0 BB). Hicks, J. reached on a fielding error by ss (0-0). Levine, R. reached on a fielding error by 3b (0-0); Hicks, J. advanced to second. Proscia, S. singled to left field, RBI (1-0 B); Levine, R. advanced to second; Hicks, J. scored, unearned. Shifflett, M pinch ran for Levine, R.. Swab, K. singled to pitcher, RBI (1-0 B); Proscia, S. advanced to second; Shifflett,
M scored, unearned. King, J. pinch hit for Coleman, D.. King, J. singled up the middle, RBI (1-1 KB); Swab, K. advanced to second; Proscia, S. scored, unearned. Gragnani, R. struck out swinging (0-2 KFS). 3 runs, 3 hits, 2 errors, 2 LOB.

Let me see, four ground balls, two of them for errors that would have taken Maryland out of the inning. Then three singles, one of the infield variety. That's what you call getting hammered.

Sir, I pitched in college from 1970 to 1973 and believe me I know what getting hammered is. This isn't it.

Your making yourself look childish with your anger toward the head coach.

Let's stay on topic -- U of M Baseball Team did not act with any degree of class and were an embarrassment -- Period.....that is fact. I am a U of M alumni and I have a child that attends U of M. I would like nothing more than the Baseball program to do well. That said -- as other in attendance have stated on this site --- the overall tone of the team from the top down was an embarrassment in terms of how they carried themselves ----