Skip to main content

Reply to "Future of University of Maryland Baseball"

Thanks Coach,

Batting 4th isn't his favorite but as he said I'll do what they need me to do to help the team. His stats weren't good but he was one of many that hit the ball hard on several occasions. Had two hits taken away but that's baseball. The toughest one was on Saturday in eighth, they were down one with two outs man on second and he hit a hard liner to right, the kid made a diving catch, big groan, it would have tied the game - bummer.

Didn't start out to great with two k's on Friday I was sweating bullets. Third time up against Plutko down 0-2 and I'm thinking the hat trick K to start the season. He battled him fouling of 4/5 pitches and worked Plutko for his only walk. I think after that he settle down for the rest of the weekend. Only one hit but he was swinging it ok and he worked two more walks.

Alfredo Rodrequiz was another who hit the ball real hard but only had two hits. Convissar the same.

All in all not a bad start to the season especially the pitching. Lets hope they can add on to the success this weekend. These kids work real hard and they are a together group pulling for each other. That will go along way to help them gain some success. One parent told me he was talking to an admin person who travels with Terps basketball and football teams, he said they get on the bus and its headphones, no bonding etc. He said the baseball team is loose, singing, busting each other up etc. - his comment "a real team".