Skip to main content

Reply to "Gaining Ground or Replacing ?"

quote:
Originally posted by Coach A:
CoachBlu25,
I am the biggest proponent of core "technique" in this forum along with Linear (from the way it sounds). That being said, the body has one way to move in order to be most efficient. Gaining ground towards 2B will assist the body in getting the ball to 2B quicker due to the momentum and energy being sent in the direction of the throw. If you simply stay in one spot and rotate, in theory your momentum/energy simply stays on a static axis and then your body works against you. A small jab step or getting the heel to turn to the pitcher will enable you to maximize arm strength, give you the cleanest throw (Less fade), and be the least taxing on the shoulder. I hope that helps answer your question.

With all due respect.......hogwash.

You don't understand core rotation.

Explain to me how good ss's can make the throw from the hole. There is absolutely no linear momentum to help him. In fact his momentum is going the opposite direction.

Don't give me footwork bs. It comes from the hips.

How do ss/2B turn the dp? Very efficient core rotation. Very effective load/unload. Timely load/unload. Very effective "sudden change of direction" of the hips. Torsion bar type rotation with tremendous power.

Better yet, how do pitchers slide step? They don't move their post foot and they still throw 90+ mph. And the good ones are very quick to the plate.
Last edited by Linear