Skip to main content

Reply to "Game of failure for who?"

"Pitchers parents are nervous wrecks when their kids pitch"

Yep, that just about sums it up in one fell swoop. lol. I was just having this conversation last night with FloridaFan. His son and mine play in the same league where his son is a SS and mine is a RHP. I was telling him in a light hearted chat that I would give anything if my son was an everyday position player. That I felt like I could sit back, relax and enjoy watching the games much more easier. He told me that at the levels our boys are at that it is just as agonizing for a position player's parent to watch them have a hard night at the plate and I'd imagine out in the field at times also. I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of being able to watch my son play every night being fun. As opposed to my son who is a starter and has to wait every 5 days to perform. The build up in anticipation of what could happen is excruciating. I had wondered if parents of Relievers felt anything but listening now to PGStaff above I can now see they do. lol. So it appears to me that there really isn't ANY solace or peace as a parent! We all get twisted up in knots when they play.

But I will go on record here to say this: The knot in the stomach is twisted just a little bit tighter and harder in the parent whose son pitches! Hands down. Last night I was almost nauseous before game time up until he was relieved.

YGD