Skip to main content

Reply to "GameChanger."

quote:
Originally posted by RedSoxFan21:
There are a few threads out there that discuss GameChanger. I've used it for the past two years and loved it.

Do a search and you may find some helpful posts here on HSBBW.

There’s no doubt GC is a great product, and one I’ve recommended many times, but I will never use it because it doesn’t fill my needs. Its not that what I use is “better”, its that what I use meets my exact needs because I wrote I to do that. I would have to give up way too many metrics I find valuable, over 9 years of history, and all the flexibility I have for mining the data.

That’s why searching old threads would only make me spend a lot of time I don’t have, trying to glean answers out of a lot of writing. For me its easier to ask specific questions. If I was ever going to be a ‘user”, that’s be something different, but I can’t even imagine having to give up literally hundreds of metrics I’ve already developed and the hundreds more I anticipate developing, not to mention the hundreds I’ve developed and discarded for one reason or another.

When you began using it, how long had you been a scorer, how long had you been the team statistician, and how long had you been scoring for the same team?