Skip to main content

Reply to "Gatorade POY Candidates/ Front-Runners"

Wow --- 140!!!!

And he is coming back from a back issue, minor or not, 140 pitches is INSANE! I have seen stupid coaches in NH do this before, but not with a kid who had already had a physical issue within the past couple of months. No game short of a state title game is EVER worth the risk of having a kid throw that number of pitches.

Just curious, what was his previous high for pitches thrown this year?

What was his previous high for pitches thrown ever?

What the hell is that coach thinking? More to the point-- What was your brother thinking! There is a time when a HS pitcher has to take control no matter what the coach says. This was one of those times! Seriously, I hope this has no lasting effect on him as the season progresses. Do they plan to give him some extra rest before he starts again? will he be on a low end pitch limit next time out ?

I went to the STA-Portmoth game yesterday. Nolan Corr (Wheaton-bound) was limited to 70 pitches in his first start after recovering from mono. He had thrown a total of 7+ inning in relief appearances over the past couple of weeks. Good Call Coach Schoff!

After what I saw yesterday, I would put Tim Welch at the top of any list for POY. He is now 5-0 and has not surrendered a run all season! He throwing harder and with much better control than in the past. He is also hitting the ball a ton as the Portsmouth leadoff hitter.

How would you like to go into the playoffs knowing
that you might legitimately call Ben Hart your #2?