Skip to main content

Reply to "Gauging interest?"

Mominthestands posted:

Somebaseballdad....Can I ask you why people were telling you that you were wasting your money? It sounds like your son is a really good player. Is he a pitcher? When did he commit?

For the same reason I said to ignore the post here, when it comes to parents and kids/sports people always assume you're "those parents". My wife's family lives in a small town near my father and sister. We happened to play their HS team in semi-state my son's freshman year. It was the first time some of our family had seen him play as we lived two hours away and played a lot of TB well out of town. So the other team had a 6'4" 275 lb pitcher throwing in the 90's. The kid ended up 2-3 with a double off the wall and a triple and I believe 4/5 rbi's.  After the game her brother said, "I take back all the things I said about the money you wasted on him and baseball". Rest of our family members had the same opinion. What do you say? I guess they just assumed we were lying about the success he was having on the field. 

He went as a two-way but looking like a position player now. Committed November of sophomore year. 

Last edited by SomeBaseballDad