Skip to main content

Reply to "George Washington Univ"

@Texas1836 posted:

Thank you PABaseball, Fenway, K9 and CBI.

CBI - I think you are saying that if # of players listed on a team's roster < EADA, that is a red flag, please confirm or correct me on this.  If you confirm my interpretation, is a school violating any DOE rule of policy in doing so?

I can understand the reason for removing players from a roster once they enter the transfer portal (you are leaving us so we are not recognizing you on our site).  I have seen schools do so.  But I think we are all justifiably concerned if there is a pattern of several transfers over several seasons.  And, removing "participants" from the listed roster may be interpreted as an attempt to hide the pattern.

K9- Do you know if your friend's son left because he did not like the coaching staff, or was told he would not see the field?

Again, thank you all.

CBI - Thank you for sharing your information.  Your database must rival that of the BLS!

@Texas1836 I look at it two ways

If website < EADA, then school has deleted people that participated at varsity level, if they have stats, then you've corrupted your reporting.

If website > EADA, who are the extra people (developmental team?)

If a player has competed at varsity level, leaving (e.g. injured, redshirted, etc), they should still be listed on the website (and tagged), so that any interested party that is researching your school will know how many player were actually on your roster.

IMHO, this is the first level check that a potential recruits should review.

Note, what is the first question families  and recruits ask?

How many commits (HS and JUCO) do they have? Note, this is just the first gate in the journey, but then how many signed the NLI? What about walk-ons?

The true behavior is the actual management of the roster.

But that is me rambling.

With respects to BLS, which website is that? Don't know all the acronyms.

I know "The Baseball Cube",  Baseball Reference

Good Stuff

Regards