Skip to main content

Reply to "George Washington Univ"

-The true behavior is the actual management of the roster.

-Note, there might be more to the story, but a family needs to know more details concerning roster management before committing.

-EADA shows shows their actual varsity participation numbers. This is on a one year lag, but should raise red flag if the website and EADA are off.

-If website < EADA, then school has deleted people that participated at varsity level, if they have stats, then you've corrupted your reporting.

-If website > EADA, who are the extra people (developmental team?)

Great take aways and analysis CBI!  I can't agree with you more that the true behavior is the actual management of the roster.   This situation requires more investigation and questions especially given the price tag of a GWU education.

As an aside, my son was recruited/offered by a well known D1 school in New England.  We were going through the roster history and noticed almost half of their pitching staff was injured (shoulders and elbows) when a new (and young) pitching coach took over the program the previous year.  Anybody who was paying attention could see there was something wrong.   We moved on.   @Texas1836, I would dig into this GWU roster thing in a big way if your son is seriously considering it.   GWU definitely has some outstanding academic programs and opportunities, but I think some serious detective work is needed with the baseball program based on turnover and DOE reporting.  CBI has given you a great headstart.

As always, JMO.