Skip to main content

Reply to "Georgetown University Baseball - Any Knowledge, Experience w Program / Camps?"

David:

My 2015 had considered Georgetown met with the coaches on several occasions (events/showcases) and attended the "Junior Day" weekend MLK weekend his junior year.

Son knew the quality of the academics at Georgetown and value of Jesuit education. Their is stability at the top (HC Wilk) though all of his assistants are new. RC son had correspondences with had left school son's senior year of HS.  If you don't mind the winter, DC is a great place to go to school.

As for the school's facilities, there is a batting cage with netting towards the middle of campus. It has lights so players can take "midnight BP". The I/O reps are on a field (turf) shared by the soccer team. The actual stadium (home field) is in Maryland, a somewhat run down (at least in 2014) stadium home to a college summer team. The bus ride is about 25-30 minutes to get there from GU. Son didn't have much interaction with Wilk (more RC who left), though met him and liked him. I think GU still requires SAT II tests. Son's HS sends a number of students there, and we had a runner (nationally ranked) whose GPA was under GU average attend there. Hope this helps.