Skip to main content

Reply to "Georgetown University Baseball - Any Knowledge, Experience w Program / Camps?"

baseball mom2020 posted:

My son has received correspondence from Georgetown and he will probably go to one of their prospect camps. My question is.... how difficult is it to be a baseball player at a school like Georgetown and major in a pre-med tract and maintain good grades and be competitive for medical school admission? Is the baseball program and the academic program so strenuous that keeping up with schoolwork will be too difficult and stressful? If he wants to go to Medical school should he look at D2 or D3 instead?( I hope I didn't offend any D2 or D3 parents but I am really lost and ignorant on this!!! ) 

I am not sure how hard if would be to do a pre med tract and play baseball at Georgetown. My son did do a double major which I thought was crazy but he was able to pull it off. I have heard at other D1 schools it is not possible to do a pre med and play baseball but I am not qualified to answer that question. Best thing would be to talk to the coaches at Georgetown and I know they will advise you.  Hopefully somebody else can help you with the pre med tract question. Good luck!