Skip to main content

Reply to "Get Aluminum Bats out of the"

Bottom line is this: ANY bat,other than wood, can be constructed to have the EXACT SAME
dynamics as a wood bat. With the technology available today the bats can be made to have the same "sweet spot", same swing weight, same BESR, same EVERYTHING except for one thing: they won't shatter when a pitcher makes a perfect pitch.

I'm with you Coach May-saw my son give up two wind-aided HR's that would have been popups
to short left field by two left handed batters that were completely fooled. Granted it's
the same for both teams but when a 5'7", 165# kid can hit a 340ft opposite field HR with
very little effort-something is wrong.

Fans want to see the long ball and I understand that but let it be because of skill and
strength and not because of technology.

Just a side note-Jack Nicklaus-designed and built a golf course in the Cayman Islands years ago but there wasn't enough room to make it the standard length 6500-7000 yards long so they shortened every hole on the course and compensated by developing a golf ball
that would travel appr. 30% to 40% less distance using the same clubs and swings and that was the only ball that could be used there. COMMON SENSE.

HS and College could use a little.