Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting good GPA bull at DIV I"

quote:
Originally posted by PioneerDad:
Posted by others:

"...smart enough to realize how hard he would have to work right out of HS so chose the JUCO route."

The myth of 'JUCO=easy' lives on. Every year alot of decent baseball players are shocked to find themselves ineligible to play JUCO ball. I'm sure their parents are no less shocked.

JUCOs are colleges, at least around here. Marginal students will probably find the academics and work load difficult.

The one quoted above is mine, so I will explain myself. My son looked at a couple D1's where their freshman comp classes had a couple hundred students. My son's comp class (and all his others at his juco) have less than 30. At U. of KY. the students in those classes are sitting in the halls watching lectures on monitors, taught by graduate assistants because there is not enough seating in the classroom. That is not in the least conducive to the success of a marginal student.

His coach requires study tables almost every night and they are on top of what is going on in the classroom. I know those supports are available at all schools, but the class size alone was a BIG turnoff to him.
Last edited by topdogfan