Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting good GPA bull at DIV I"

quote:
Originally posted by PopTime:
I think maybe coaches will be less willing to take flyers on kids with questionable grades in the future. What I understand is that the NCAA will be "punishing" schools which don't graduate a certain percentage of players by lowering the amount of scholarships that they can give, as if it's not already ridiculously low. This is something I seem to remember hearing at a recruiting seminar a while back. There was a big stink being raised by schools who typically have a lot of kids drafted after their junior years, so I really don't know where it stands at this point.

There will be exceptions for baseball, because of the draft.

I understand Grateful's post now. As I said before, we don't know the circumstances, we don't know what teh coach was thinking. We only assume, because we tell our kids it's important to do well in school. Well, regardless, baseball or not, that is something your kids should know and do automatically, it does give more opportunities.

Wanting to know which school and coach so you can steer clear is really silly to me, considering we are just going on a parents post.
I'd be more interested in who the principlal is (which school), discussing other students academic abilities with parents. Now that's WRONG.
JMO
Last edited by TPM