Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting good GPA bull at DIV I"

****lehead doll

Wow, you're tough pull_hair Mad

I have a problem with a student who does poorly at school up to his serior year in HS if it is not due to a dissability. He did not find out yesterday that he needed good grades. Why should he be allowed to get into a school if he made no effort during HS. Where were his parents? This student has other avenues that may be a better fit and allow him to show he can do better. He created the situation and has to fix it.

Parents divorced, on drugs, gamblers, the kid amtures late, to poor and kid has to work, Parents sick...could be a million reasons a kid does poorly and then picks it up.

I could go on and on...my apologies but I just have a real problem with people that will generalize about other peoples circumstances.
Is there anyone else that thinks it's a done deal for every 14 or 15 year old kid in America???

I'm glad to hear a success story even if it's one in a million. You know why! Because if a kid doesn't belong in school it'll tell itself. But if a kid never gets a chance (as you would have it) then we'll never know.