Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting good GPA bull at DIV I"

Many things on this board that are posted are heresay. I happen to know the family and the school. I saw the GPA posted on PG as well as others in my area. The GPA is now off and an ACT is posted. I am sorry people, the kid is not special ed or has not been in the past. He just plain doesnt have it upstairs and coming from a small and I mean very small high school to then attend a very major univeristy where there may be 300 people in a classroom, is not a smart move for the kid. He is going to obviously try and maintain grades just so he can be on the field to play. That is sending the wrong message to my kid and this is what this thread was about. My kids is going to college to have success in the classroom, which in turn reflects the life he will live later and how he will eventually support his family. Baseball is right up there in first. You gotta have both.

So now he makes the team and pass by the skin of his teeth to play. Four year later, what is he gonna do. Wow I have my degree in my hand, I didnt learn jack ****, now put me in the world to work with what I was taught. Hell I made it on the ball field, but the real working world is another story. He may end up busing tables. Is that what you go to college for?
And we all know his chances of being drafted.
Last edited by Niner's Parent