Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting good GPA bull at DIV I"

quote:
Originally posted by PitchDad08:
Niner's parent, your last post sounds like plain old-fashioned jealousy.

"Four year later, what is he gonna do. Wow I have my degree in my hand . . . He may end up busing tables. Is that what you go to college for?"

So what are you saying? That life is only fair if someone sends him directly to the job busing tables right after high school? I hope the kid ends up owning the restaurant - or a chain of them.

In defense of Niner, I would venture to say that, the green ugly monster has emerged in all of us at sometime or another. It's how you handle it that makes a difference in one's life.

Actually, I give teh coach lots of credit. He obviously sees something in this player that others may not, willing to give him a chance to prove that he has some worth, even if it is only on the baseball field for now. My impression is that Niner can't handle his son not having that spot on that big D1, instead may have to "settle" for something else and he feels his son deserves better, thouh maybe others may not see it that way. Do not use an excuse for what happens to others for what doesnot happen for you. Very bad lesson.

Long long time ago a CEO of a major company gave a black american an opportunity to work under him that many couldn't understand. He obviously saw something in him that others didn't, not as the buzz was, he only got it because of his color. Some thought he was crazy (teh CEO), he was not following the usual policy of the company awarding the BEST, SMARTEST for the opportunity. The company was in trouble, and the individual took a concept and turned the whole company back to a major contender and put mega money back into stockholders pockets. The individual also became the successor when the CEO stepped down, he had proved something to all the non believers, he could do what others couldn't though he may not have been the right person many thought should have teh job, he took adversity and diversity and proved them wrong.
My two thoughts on this story. One, the CEO went against the norm and gave this person a chance.
Two, as long as the CEO had approval of his board members, it was no one else's business.
Last edited by TPM