Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting recruited outta JUCO"

@Long415 posted:

And

OK, this squares up with what I saw in the fall... there were a couple games with very heavy scouting presence, and the upperclass guys went to a tournament at Dallas Baptist that was likely the showcase type event you're talking about @adbono. Or the actual event.

And he's 100% bought in with his coach, not trying to get around doing a second year.

But, hypothetical, let's say next fall the kid wants to go to another area of the country (California, PNW, NE) after two years at JUCO. If he attracts interest, his coach will get called (current coach likely won't have a personal connection to the prospective coach), and his stats are posted. Does video play a role for the position player? Camps? How would he attract interest? Is it like HS at all, with letters/video outreach?

It feels a bit like the message is to keep your head down, contribute, perform, and wait to be noticed. It's the "wait to be noticed" aspect that I'm wary of.

Mine is going across the country next year. We had a showcase vs Iowa Western and the PC saw him pitch. That started the relationship.  What helped was expressing interest, sending video and constant communication between both parties.  Most kids are going to stay close to home. There are a lot of colleges between us and them.  Letting your current coach know that distance doesn’t matter and then also letting the prospective teams know is important.