Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting to the Major Leagues"

I'm well aware of that, I have a hard enough time hitting a 80MPH 4-seamer, I probably couldn't even foul tick a 90MPH 2-seamer. Ted Williams says its the single most difficult thing to do in sports. I can't even hit a golf ball, even though it doesn't move. But how do they do it in the Majors all the time? I know I have the physical ability, the reflexes, quick hands, I'm athletic, love love to play ball. But there's a reason why I still haven't been signed to a team yet, and I'm trying very hard to find out why. It could just be lack of focus or could be a ton of things that I might not see myself. I'm saying that it sounds so easy, swing a bat, hit a ball, simple! But why isn't it as simple as it sounds? Same with basketball, bounce a ball, and throw it through a hoop, but bouncing with control and getting the ball thru the hoop is extremely difficult. So how do you overcome that difficulty?

..............I know I may sound like I'm worried about my career, but I'm not. Well just a little. Baseball is really the only thing I'm good at. It's my passion, almost the only thing I think about, it's what I daydream about. I've loved baseball more than any person in my life, except maybe my GrandmaSmile I have the athletic ability, the drive and determination, but something's just missing. And I'm trying to find that. And I love getting advice from the wise like you on how to improve my game, it's just gonna help me get better.

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a BIG difference"