Skip to main content

Reply to "Getting White Pants Clean"

THANKS ladies!!!!

My son had a tourney this past weekend and one of the fields had wet red clay. Since my son is not a "passive" player, the previously white uni came home a nice shade of reddish orange. We're not talking about a spot or two either.....ALL down both legs; front, back, seat, sides. We're talking RED / ORANGE. Some on the jersey but not so bad.

So my wife is stressing out on how to get these things somewhat clean again. Here's basically what happened:

1) We get home from the tourney around 11:30 pm or so and I start SCRUBBING them with a brush to get the loose stuff off. This took a good hour or so.

2) Per her instructions, I soak overnight in OxyClean.

3) She sees that did little then takes over and proceeds to rinse then soak in Clorox.

4) Seeing it hardly dented the "stain", she rinses and soaks them again.

5) Still not working she asks another team mom for advice and then adds Lestoil.

6) Still not budging she combines Lestoil AND Clorox...and gags on the fumes enveloping our house.

7) STILL no luck, I remember this weird named soap. So when she calls proclaiming she's about to blow a gasket I say "See if you can find a soap called Fels Naptha". She does and when I get home I open the bar, rub it on the "spot" let it set for the prescribed minute then threw them in the washer for another cycle.

She came running upstairs..."YOU'RE NOT going to believe this but....."

TADA!!! They were sparkling white as if we'd just bought them.

So thanks so much for the help!