Skip to main content

Reply to "GLSCL"

Really depends on your schools coach. Some coaches are better at placing kids than others. Kids start getting placed in the fall, so it can be tough for a freshman who does not have any stats against other college players. I know in my sons case there was several opportunities, and the teams came to his coach about him. But he had had two successful years for his college.

His first year though, there was not a lot of choices, the coach found a couple of local teams, but son had played against those teams in the past on his 18U traveling team and always crushed them. He was young enough that the year after his freshmen year he played for his 18U team again, rather than one of the local wood bat teams, and did well again.

Ask the college coaches about it but do some research. If he has a group of schools that are interested in him and he is interested in them, go out to the different teams websites and see were their players get placed. iT can be a lot of work but it is worth it.

OWU usually places one or two players in the Great lakes and Prospect, and the others are in local leagues or lesser known leagues.

I just bumped a thread started by the very informative Hokieone about this subject:

http://community.hsbaseballweb...ruting-well-underway

it is a good read.

Last edited by BishopLeftiesDad