Skip to main content

Reply to "Go "Noles""

In the 60's we went through this with the commie pin-heads feigning being insulted about their heritage. It isn't about that, its about getting money from the federal government for some innane program so they can give their colleagues in academia busy work instead of a "real" job. Most of them wouldn't know an Indian if he was standing right next to them. And quite frankly I doubt if there are any "true" Indians left as their lineage has been absorbed through inter-racial marraiges, and have all being assimilated into our national culture.

Just another sanctimonious demonstration by the NCAA that getting money from the government is their real mission.

Stanford University was one of the first to succumb to this heresy. They went from the Stanford Indians to the Stanford Cardinal (color) not the bird. And their logo is a Redwood Tree. Can you get anymore non-offensive then that. But I anticipate that there will be the ECO-Terrorist nuts who will be offended that the Redwood Tree is being used as part of a sports symbol.

UC Santa Cruz uses the Banana Slug. The only thing that faculty and students care about there is where they're going to score their next doobie.

Just based upon that idiocy, I would never allow my kid anywhere near that campus.
Last edited by Ramrod