Skip to main content

Reply to "Go "Noles""

Here in the politically correct Commonwealth of Virginia (and be careful, the next two presidential candidates might come from here), we should be mostly okay because nobody is quite sure what a Hokie (Virginia Tech) and Wahoo (UVA) are, JMU is the "Dukes" (a dog apparently), Richmond is the Spiders (and that insect has no fan club), and George Mason's "Patriots" are only slightly questionable (demeans the British that lost the war after all), but William and Mary, with the "Indians" has got to go....

And while we're talking, hasn't "Mary" played second fiddle to "William" long enough? Why not require that it be "Mary and William" for the next 200 years to even things out? Maybe that's why they haven't found a new baseball coach in over 1 month of searching.

And then there's "University of Mary Washington ". What was Mary's maiden name? Why must she use "Washington"? Was George's dad a chauvinist? Oh the shame of it all.....

Personally, I want to thank the NCAA for taking on such a signficant issue. They could easily have gotten side-tracked by such lesser issues as steroids, drug-testing, recruiting abuses, and the questionable-but-just-so-obvious -it's-silly unfairness of giving only 1 year scholarships at 4 year schools (how obvious does that have to be?).

Heck, lesser groups might have tackled why D-1 football is incapable of a championship game when every other sport at every other level has one, or why coaches can break contracts with impunity, and work the next day, yet to do the same thing, players must sit out a year, unless those very same coaches agree otherwise.

(cut to background music-Battle Hymn Of The Republic here)

I know guts and gumption when I see them, and while others may question Dr. Brand and the PCAA (oops, NCAA), I say Great jobs guys (oops, persons) Great job!!!!!!!!

party party party