Skip to main content

Reply to "Go or stay home?"

If the idea is just to get comfortable with the process find a local college showcase style event for $250 or less. A local D1 will invite D2 and D3 coaches. They know there will be D2 and D3 prospects there who don’t realize they’re not D1 prospects.

I once watched a few hours of a local D1 showcase. Of 36 hitters only 4 had D1 swings. I mentioned it to a player I knew on the D1 team who was helping out. When I pointed them out the players he told me they were found at a PG event and invited free of charge for the weekend.

Stop thinking in terms of young sophomore. It doesn’t change he’s a sophomore. Drop the “young” from your thinking. Hopefully, your son isn’t thinking this way. It can become a mental obstacle for him.

My son has a May birthday. We never talked about playing up a year or two. He played with his grade (technically playing up a year) until he moved and and played up two years. He played grade appropriate until it was time to move up another year and play talent appropriate.

Last edited by RJM